Need some S&W info

Bods Oddkin

Can someone get me pointed in the direction of a website or other source of info re: the manufacture date of a Smith revolver? It's a .38/44 Heavy Duty, post war, 6.5 inch barrel, S/N in the S149,XXX range (no "dash" number), and has a screw to the front of the trigger guard. Thanks.

Bods,

It was made sometime either late 1955 or early 1956.

Best source of information is "The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson," by Jim Supica and Richard Nahaus.

You can get it at just about any decent bookstore.

Thanks to all. I figured I needed the "The Standard Catalog" and had just ordered it online before posting the question on the Forum. I'm a big fan of N-frames and have several, but also collect .32 Hand Ejectors. Don't know how I got this far without that book. Thanks again.

C.R. Sam,

I-frames are so cute. Wish S&W could bring out an affordable line today in .22 and .32. NOT J-frames, but the real thing. Deep blue with wood, stag, or even pearl grips. But probably way too much to ask in this day of high labor costs, although I have no doubt there is a ready market for them. I have six total, and just picked up my second First Model 1896 (six inch bbl.) Debating whether to shoot this one.

Dreamin. I frame with SIX .32mags. 20% smaller than a five shot J frame and lighter to boot.

Course they aren't too shabby with six .32 Longs in em. And great cummerbund or ankle guns.

Sam

Back