Need some ID help here

chaosrob

Inactive
Picked this up in trade today and outside of my Ruger Old Army I do not have any experience or information on these things.

I assume it is some Italian import copy of a 1851 Colt but it is 44 caliber. The grips have been modified to allow clearance for the attachment of the shoulder stock. Since it is brass frame I suspect it is not worth a lot, but the shoulder stock looks like it could be worth more than the pistol from what I am seeing online.

Can anyone help positively id this for me and maybe shoot me a value of the pair? TIA
3ppHF3S.jpg

joyibN9.jpg

4IqOwVW.jpg

vFMTmF7.jpg

7NXeRef.jpg

OW1JY1L.jpg

You have it; a "non-replica" being that there were no period Navy configuration revolvers in .44 caliber with brass frames.
Made by Armi San Marco in 1994 (ASM and BD.)
Grips hacked away to clear a shoulder stock probably meant for some other gun.
I can't guess a dollar value, I am sure you gave what you thought it was worth.

Thanks Jim. The funny thing is the stock looks like it would have cleared the grips without being ground away, which is a bit odd to me.

I don't have a lot into it, grabbed it with a nickel Colt SAA 4 3/4" SAA, two uberti sa's and a old Uberti '66 clone in 45 Colt.

what is it

JIM WATSON hit it right on the head. if you shoot it keep your left hand in back of the cylinder or you could loose some fingers, very dangerous shooting this contraption!!! I would trade it.

I keep my left hand on the trigger, but yes keep your hands behind the cylinder.

I agree that especially with the hack job on the grips the shoulder stock is worth more than the revolver on the market.

The stock was made for a 58 Remington and definitely worth more than the revolver, if it wasn't butchered too.

Back