Need Some Help With A Sm Black Powder Only 44 Cal. Is It A Replica????

jncsellers

Inactive
OK HERES THE DEAL I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE TO ASK THIS BUT IF NOT PLEASE REDIRECT ME. I HAVE THIS BLACK POWDER REVOLVER I GOT FROM MY FATHER I WANTED TO KNOW IF IT WAS A REPLICA OR IF IT IS ORIGINAL. I WILL POST SOME PICS IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW. IT IS BLACK AND BRASS ON THE SIDE IT SAYS (SM BLACK POWDER ONLY CAL. 44 MADE IN ITALY) . THE BARREL IS ABOUT 12 INCHES LONG. THE BUTT HAS A SERIAL NUMBER E45436 IT DOESNT SAY WHO MAKES IT IT DOES HAVE SOME MARKS ON THE BOTTOM IN FRONT OF THE TRIGGER (BH , PN WITH A STAR ABOVE IT AND TWO CROSSED GUNS WITH A STAR ABOVE IT. IF YOU COULD HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND STILL NOTHING. PLEASE HELP.

MVC-007F.jpg

MVC-010F.jpg

MVC-008F.jpg

MVC-009F.jpg

MVC-011F.jpg

Sundance44s

Not meaning to be a smart azz .. but it`s not a colt or remington replica ... it`s just a Itilian made cap and ball revolver ... probally made from 1970 to 2006 ...yours is somewhere in between .

BP revolver

Howdy,
What you have is known as a brass framed Remington bison. It was made by Armi San Marco in 1996. It is not a direct copy of anything ever made originally, just a real neat revolver. I have a pair of them and just love they look and shoot.

Right now I am using 20 grains of 777fff, a wad, and a .454 ball in them.

Cabelas sells them for $180 but they are made by Pietta.

ASM went out of business around 2000.

Lee

Back