Need some help identifying 4 different WWI WWII era European holsters

Winchester_73

So I have these 4 holsters and I'm wondering what exactly they are. Only the upper left holster is marked as pictured. The other 3 are not. The bottom two holsters I got with Mauser 1914 pistols, but I know that the holster could be for another gun potentially since holsters were mix in matched by GIs at that time.

The upper left holster fits a 1911 / Hi power / Radom VIS size pistol without difficulty. The upper right holster is thin at the barrel muzzle end, but I found out that it fits my Astra 600/43 quite well. The bottom two fit Mauser 1934 pistols comfortably. The holster on bottom left looks very much like an WaA938 Neuner holster that came with a Mauser HSc I bought, however the example on bottom left is approx 1 in longer. The stitching and construction are very similar.

Any help is appreciated.

holsters1.jpg

holsters2.jpg

holsters3.jpg

Holster, upper right:

holsters4.jpg

Holster, bottom left:

holsters6.jpg

Holster, bottom right:

holsters5.jpg

The one you say that the Astra fits looks an awful lot like a Radom holster, but I'm assuming that it is too tight at the muzzle. It also looks like some sort of a rework as evidenced by the other stitch holes in the flap.

Try a 1922 Browning in bottom left.

Have you tried examining these under ultraviolet light? Sometimes faded inks will show up under UV.

The Ferlach stamp says Austria, so a Steyr M-1912 would be my first guess with the size you gave.
So the open top and way it's mounted on a belt would speak against a military issue.

Last edited:
The Ferlach stamp says Austria, so a Steyr M-1912 would be my first guess with the size you gave.
So the open top and way it's mounted on a belt would speak against a military issue.

Interesting, a civilian made M-1912 holster? I never thought of that.

Anyone else about any of the others?

The one in the upper right corner of the photograph looks like the one that came with my CZ-27, mine is black, pebbled finish.

Back