need some help. dragoon and a 61 navy I've never heard of

BerdanSS

I have in front of me two pistols. An unfired asm 2nd model dragoon for 300.00 and a Drop dead gorges replica arms 61 navy for 260.00. Good deals. Or walk away?

I have two of those Dragoons from ASM

I like them but I didn't give 300.00 for them. Bought one of them from BP revolver for 225.00 delivered.

I sure do like the 1861 Navy Colts.

I think I'd start at 240.00 for the Dragoon and 210.00 for the Navy.

Replica Arms? Make sure what you have is a shooting gun not a decorators gun.
I'd also be spooky about the ASM. Parts are hard to come by.

When I was building kits back in the day...

Replica Arms had a pretty good reputation.

ASM parts are indeed pretty much purged from the system.

Anything breaks and you are into the filing and fitting routine.

I can tell you the Dragoon is built like a tank. Treat it right and you won't need parts anytime soon. (Opinion)

I've heard horror stories about several of the early ASM Walkers...which were also built like a brick sh&%house, the problem being soft internal parts. Given that, I think 3 bills is too much for the Dragoon. I paid just a wee bit more for my second Dragoon and it's a Uberti.....and it was unfired.
I would tend to roll the dice on it, but not at that price.Probably more in the 2-230 range.

well he wouldn't come a dime off either so I walked. I tried $220 even for the 61 navy and he wouldn't go for it. Over the three hours I was there he didn't sell a durn thing. And this was one of the most packed gun shows I've been to in a while.

Doc, I did see young man in front of me at another table come away with a B-E-A-Utimus Springfield Trapdoor rifle for $575.00

Price on Springfields is kind of funny

You see a wide range in prices for essentially the same rifle.

I am going to the Gun show today. We shall see.

Why on earth do they call it a gun show!? I have never seen a gun at a gun show (Ordnance of one inch or higher caliber fixed to the decks of naval ships or that ordnance temporarily on shore.) I have seen rifles, pistols, shotguns, firearms, weapons, and so forth, but never once did I see a "gun".

...... ;o)

Twenty five bucks for shipping

That pistol can be shipped in a flat rate box. Somewhere around 12.00. Throw in a little for insurance.

Twenty five is on the edge of gouging.

You did not lose anything.

Why on earth do they call it a gun show!? I have never seen a gun at a gun show (Ordnance of one inch or higher caliber fixed to the decks of naval ships or that ordnance temporarily on shore.) I have seen rifles, pistols, shotguns, firearms, weapons, and so forth, but never once did I see a "gun".

Weuns ain't in the navy Doc. They's is all guns.:D

The dragoon asms had a very pretty finish but the parts were outsourced from multiple vendors. The owner of this one had to basically rebuild it to make is usable. Timiing was off,- he fitted uberti parts, the chambermouths were much smaller than the barrel and he had to hand ream them .
attachment.php

current 61 navies come from Uberti and are usually ready to shoot right out of the box:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 61navy25duelist.jpg
    61navy25duelist.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 67
  • dragoonasm.jpg
    dragoonasm.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 72
Back