Need SKS Mag

woodit

I am looking for a 20 round fixed box mag or detachable SKS mag that locks the bolt. All the detachable mags I have seen do not keep the bolt open after the last shot, which is a major nuisance.

woodit@ma.ultranet.com

I am also looking for an SKS magazine. I want the 20 round Norinco or Chicom fixed mag.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Good timing, guys. I traded all my SKS mags for AR mags on Friday, since I restored the SKS to its original config.
frown.gif

Oh, BTW: They may have a less-than-stellar rep, but USAs will lock the bolt when empty.

[This message has been edited by Coinneach (edited April 17, 2000).]

NOW you tell me. I ordered two removable 10 round mags for my SKS and finally figured out that they don't hold the chamber open after the last round. I figured out why, however, and was able to modify them so that I can load 5 rounds. When I shoot match, you only load five rounds at any time anyway, so I kept them but wasn't very happy. Eventually, I decided to learn how to use the stripper clips and now I can zip five rounds into the original fixed clip just as quickly as I could change the removable clip. I don't know why they would make the removable clips so that they don't keep the chamber open. It is a royal pain. The two 30 round clips I have work perfectly. One is metal and the other is made from Zytel. I can't use them for match shooting, however, becuase I hold the rifle differently than I would in the field. (a marksman showed the proper hold method). In any event, let us know if you find 10 shot clips that hold the chamber open. My SKS is in original configurtion, too.

Rome

Back