Need rifle cleaning rest/vise

Joe Brower

Howdy,

After reading an article on rifle cleaning in a recent issue of the NRA's "American Rifleman", I'm finally looking to break down and get a rifle rest/vise to make life a little easier. The article shows a Midway setup that goes for about $45 which would probably do the trick, but before I buy I thought I'd ask the RKIs here.

One thing about my requirements is that, in addition to bolt long-guns, I also have an AR-15 and a FAL, which, as y'all know, "break in half", and I'm wondering if there isn't a setup out there that better accomodates this. I'm sure I could figure out a way to use a setup like the Midway for these, but are there other options?

Brands, prices and retail outlet info, please.

Many thanks,

Joe Brower

Dillon Range Box

This box has two rifle supports that collapse and store in the box. It also has room for lots of cleaning stuff and tools, and an integral removable cleaning kit.

They recently had them on sale for around $40, empty. You can also get them full of cleaning supplies you probably already have.

Dillonprecision.com or something like that.

Regards.

Dunno about the other one, but for the area of 45, you can get a two-rifle cradle rest that will work for AR-style rifles in addition to others (I've got mine set up with both "hunter" and "benchrest" style front holders). Check sinclairintl.com.

They also sell a gizmo to hold open the AR at an angle so that you can clean it. I recommend use of one of their bore guides also.

i saw an interested long gun container that could be a rest that would help keep your worksite clean.

there's a picture of it toward the bottom of the front page of www.bestdefense.com

Quake Industries makes it.

Back