Need Reference Site on Web

David Schmidbauer

Retired Screen Name
I'm currently updating my Home Page. I need a link for the following...

The Supreme Court has already ruled that the police are under no obligation to protect citizens and are only required to "enforce the laws of society".

Anyone know a link to this ruling?

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Links are nice and convenient, and they really save on the disk space, but... If you've got the space, download a copy of your own! The mind boggles to think how many dead links to www.2ndlawlib.org there must be dangling all over the web right now.

------------------
Sic semper tyranus!

nevermind

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

[This message has been edited by DC (edited January 16, 2000).]

Was hoping someone would know the exact case. That would help. I've already read over 9 cases and still haven't found it.

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)

Brett:

The 2nd amendment law lib is no longer there. Has anyone come up with an answer as to why they shut down?

Thanks,

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!

Bowers v. DeVito, U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 686F.2d 616 (1982). See also Reiff v. City of Philadelphia, 471 F.Supp. 1262 (E.D.Pa. 1979).

From the decision:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>":.. there is no Constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen. It is monstrous if the state fails to protect its residents against such predators but it does not violate the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment or, we suppose, any other provision of the Constitution. The Constitution is a charter of negative liberties: it tells the state to let the people alone; it does not require the federal government or the state to provide services, even so elementary a service as maintaining law and order."[/quote]

For an in depth discussion: http://www.jpfo.org/Dial911.htm

------------------
Keep yer stick on the ice.

[This message has been edited by deanf (edited January 17, 2000).]

Thanks... with those cases and the other links provided I've got exactly what I need.

Again... Thanks... you've saved this dumb Jarhead hours... if not probably days of time.

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)

Back