Need Red Dot Advice For Buckmark

• Thread starter Thread starter Ellery Holt
  • Start date Start date
E

Ellery Holt

I have a Browning Buckmark, standard model, and would like to put a scope on it to make it a really fun pistol (for converting fence-sitting friends who "aren't 'into' guns").

At least, I think I want a red-dot, as I recall having read somewhere that they are simple and a pleasure to use.

Does anyone have suggestions for brands and models that would be a good match for the Buckmark? I prefer quality manufacture, but do not need competition-level performance

Suggested mounting hardware?

Thanks everyone.

Red Dot for Buckmark

I own 2 buckmarks and have a Tasco ProPoint on each.
First a 5.5" Field with a PDP2 and
Second an 8" Varmint with a PDP3+

I've experimented with Large and small dots and based ont he fact that most .22 shooter like to be a bit more precise I have chosen the 3 MOA dots. At 25 ft the dot is the same size as a .22 hole. With Shoot-N-C Targets your dot actually gets a halo around it from the hit.

You'll need a scope base if you have either a Standard or Camper models. Jack Weigand offers an excellent base.

http://www.jackweigand.com

Check them out:
http://www.users.qwest.net/~jadkins1/buckmark.htm

it's a little expensive but

I recommend a busnell holosight but they cost just shy of $300. Older versions can be found for about $200.

MUCH faster sight acquisition than with a traditional red dot. You can get a busnell red dot for $40 but there is really no comparison. Especially when you are talking fun factor. -ddt

I agree with tator. I had a buckmark with the tasco propoint also. Cool little toy but I needed something for carry so I got rid of it.

Thanks for the advice thus far. I looked at the Bushnell Holosight at their web page. I don't understand how the holosight differs from a red dot unit, although I gather that it is a fundamental difference. Holosight seems to claim some advantage over red-dots. Can someone explain this to me? DDT4Free? Note- I've never used either.

Tasco has no web page up, but the Jack Weigand page shows a Tasco Optima unit.

Thanks everyone.

I decided to go with an Ultra Dot. I just couldn't justify the expense of the HoloSight.

Back