Need Quality rifle in 375 H&H-Sako Hunter 75 Dlx or Sauer 202

Stone

Inactive
I've been looking for a 375 H&H for a bit now. Looked at Rem, Win and have decided to pass.

Looked at Dakota Arms but its simply too much money.

Seems like a Sako Hunter 75 Deluxe with oil finish and express sights can be had for about 1500 to 1700.

Read up on the Sauer 202 and this seems like a wonderful rifle. Is the non take down version available in an oil finish? Are the barrels interchangeable on the non-take down version?

Wild Alaska-
I read a few past posts and would be interested in talking with you about some options. Monte Carlo stock with cheek piece/oil finish/great wood/375 H&H?

Any recommendations at this point between the Sako and the Sauer?

Which will hold value better (good to know if I want to sell at a later time)?

Thank you in advance for you attention to this matter?

Last edited:
I bought one of the new Ruger 375 H&H a little over a year ago. Very easy on the eyes and built like a tank!!! Great action and shoots very good. The only drawback is the trigger needed worked over....seemed like out of the factory it had a 20 lb pull.:eek: It also is a little on the heavy side but I bought it for Africa so it was no issue for me.....you might take a peek at one...overall I am very happy with it.

Stone if you need to chit chat about rifles I can be reached at 800/992-4570.

I would go with the Sauer over the sako any day of he week

WildhappydanceAlaska

Thanks for the responses. Seems like my need for the 375 has been filled. I'll still be getting a 7 Rem mag and the Sauer 202 seems like the ticket.

What dealer would like special order the Sauer 202 in 7mm for me AND give me a great price?

Thanks again for the information.

Back