Need new range bag

larryw

I need a new range bag that has cable reinforced handles or a secure tab for locking it down. I drive a SUV and currently use a padlock through a handle to lock the bag to the rear seat when I leave it unattended. While this will slow down a smash and grab, it is not as secure as I'd like.

Other requirements would be the ability to hold at least two full-size handguns in fully enclosed, zippered (padlockable) compartments and a large compartment for eyes, ears, ammo (lots of ammo!), etc. I'd like a soft sided bag and would prefer not to carry the guns in a separate case.

My current range bag is an Uncle Mike's Deluxe Range Bag that I'm very happy with as it meets all my needs except for the lock-down security.

All suggestions appreciated.

thanks,
LW

I use a Waller Range Bag. It has been through hundreds of hours of skuling. Very tough.

A main compartment big enough to hold 2 sets of ears and eyes, 2 pistols and my bug, cleaning stuff, and kotex. The side pockets are for suntan lotion, bug repel, and gun rags. There's a front pocket for the mags.

I use a small padlock to close the 4 zippers for the plane rides. You could run a cable under the main compartment's handle.

Make sure you buy a black one so it's tactical.:D

cheap box...

I actually use an old tool box.....it locks and no one knows there's a gun inside.....plus it was free!!although some times it's embarrasing when I go to the range and see all these nice bags...although one guy said"I need to get an old tool box like you,and maybe my gun will be as accurate as yurs!"
just a thought...............
I've seen Hopes bags at Walmart for $30.....thats almost 3 boxes of ammo!!:D

I'd go for a beat-up old toolbox. Get a magic marker, and write something like "toilet cleaning snake" on the top.

Back