Need more training, but...

chris in va

I live out in an area that really doesn't have CCW training beyond basic stuff. Are there some drills posted online I can practice at the rudimentary outdoor range we have here?

The magazine Combat Handguns has drills every issue that are supposed to replicate "real-world" scenarios. Worth checking out I think.

SPWenger

I spent a couple of days with SPW recently. We had a very informative discussion by e-mail prior to my visit.

I would consider what I want to learn, and discuss the feasability of that, plus inviting his suggestions. The result was a good foundation in close combat fundamentals for me, using unsighted to sighted fire, depending on range.

He was flexible in accommodating what I wanted and integrating it with what he thought I needed to learn. Plus I got 1-on-1 training for modest cost. He was firm but patient in correcting my oft-repeated mistakes.

His book (available from his website) gives a good idea of his approach, and you might learn some of his basics which will give you more time to learn other things with him. Might be a good investment to see if his approach meets your needs: I think you would learn useful things from it even if you don't take the training.

The White Mountains in E. AZ nearby are a nice place for a vacation :)

C

Back