Need info: Projected start of rut in E. Texas

Johnny Guest

Moderator in Memoriam
My former boss has a place in Hopkins County, east of Sulfur Springs. I was there the other day, checking feeders and surveying the visible white tails. He asked me to "Look it up on your computer and see when the rut's supposed to start in this area."

I hadn't seen such a thing, but he's positive someone showed him a map indicating when the rut should begin, by county. Anyone know about such a thing? If so, I'd appreciate a link.

Many thanks,
Johnny

I have a place out in Crockett. One hunter on our lease said he saw a buck mount a doe. This was two weeks ago.

we hunt on the trinty river outside of trinadad and my dad seen a buck chasing already wich is very uncommon to see the early rut to start the opening weekend idk this is kinda weird might be the weather diff times for diff places though:D :D

Many thanks, all ---

especially kingudaroad - -

I had gotten lost searching the TPWD site. I had only just now done a Google search on "tpwd whitetail rut" and got exactly the link you gave. Found pretty much what I needed.

I would have guessed I'd find a bunch of stuff about "variations due to weather, natural browse, and local agricultural conditions." But the dates are pretty definitive - - Guess they've been keeping track for long enough to figure a pretty good average.

Again, I appreciate all the replies.

Johnny

Back