need info. on COLT CCO

GUNNUTS

HEY GUYS:GUNNUTS HERE,I found a COLT CCO NIB it has the stainless slide with gray alloy frame and wood grips,the dealer wants $675.00,Give me the good and the bad on CCO'S.THANKS ALOT

I have a Colt CCO that I purchased two years ago. I had a few bobbles with it when it was brand new, on Winchester Silvertips, I believe. I also had the gun totally lock up on me when the plunger tube came unstaked and locked up the manual safety. Had this been in an emergency my goose would have been cooked. I took the gun to Northern Virginia Gunworks and had them restake the plunger tube, and also tune the extractor. Since then the gun has been absolutely 100% reliable with Speer Gold Dot 230 grain and Federal Hydrashok 230 grain and Magtech 230 grain ball. It is like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps going and going. The gun is extremely accurate, and shoots to point of aim. The only thing I did was install a set of Hogue wrap-around grips on it. Personally, I like these grips on a lightweight 1911. They do a magnificent job of controlling recoil. In all honesty, the gun is as easy to control as my Glock 19. I carry it in a Milt Sparks Executive Companion holster. It is the one handgun I will never part with. I can't say that about 18 others...

Back