Need info on a shotgun

jhoth

Inactive
Trying to find any information available for a Winchester or WesternField model 240 semi-automatic shotgun.

Jhoth, my cross reference list doesn't show a Western Field 240 nor any gun made for Western Field by Winchester. I'm going to move your question to Harley's Research Page. He may have an answer for you. George

JHOTH/GEORGE:
Ihave researched both Winchester, and any company begining with W and can find no such model number. As George indicated, Winchester did not make a shotgun forWestern Field.

In addition, I have checked my Stock cross reference and find neither Winchester or Western Field with that model number. Posibly you may have incorrectly read the number or mfg.

If you have a picture, maybe we could figure it out.

HJN

western field 240w answer

I;m not sure of the Mfg. date
But I am sure it's a Winchester
Made for Montgomery Wards

12ga 2 3/4" ribbed barrel semi/auto w/removable chokes
It came with 3 Chokes (Skeet, Mod & Full)

It's a very nice shotgun
I have 2 of them an oldie but goodie and one in mint shape with box and paperwork.

Under the hand grip it should have the
Winchester Repeating Logo
and on the recoil pad.

Hope this helps everyone

ahappycamper

I can't find anything either. The vast majority of Western Field guns were made by Mossberg with a goodly number of Savage/Stevens in second place. No Winchesters. Same with Wards. The only store brand I can find that Winchester supplied to was Sears. Winchester 2400 maybe?

Back