Need info on a rifle

stuckatwork

Hello,

I hope someone can help me out with this. A buddy of mine from work inherited a nice looking rifle and would like some information. And, if possible what value this little fellow has.

The rifle is a Remington pump. I could not find a model numer on the rifle. The only thing that I could find was a stamp that says "REM 30". On the leftside ofthe reciever is a small brass button with the words "Remington" and "UMC". The serial number is 90XX. There is a datestampon the barrel of patient applied 1909. Additionally on the bottom of the reciever, above the serial number is a single letter stamp of a "C".

The blue on this rifle is about 80% and wood is excellent.

976121380.jpg

I believe the rifle you're describing is a Remington Model 141/141A, pictured above. The Model 141/141A was produced from 1936-1950. It was chambered in .25 Rem.(rare), .30 Rem., .32 Rem., or .35 Rem calibers. It sounds like your friends rifle is chambered in .30 Remington. At 80% it might be worth about $180-$200 with the standard 24" barrel. A siginficant premium would be added if it happened to be a carbine version. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

Back