need info -astra revolver

Dave44

I have come across an astra-cadix revolver snub-nose
any thoughts on quality and/or price-I'd mainly use it for
target shooting seeing how WI has no carry laws. Possibly something my wife could handle also. I dont' know the exact condition havent seen it yet. thanks in advance

GOD BLESS THIS COUNTRY!

Those were not bad revolvers, though not the quality of S&W, Colt or Ruger. AFAIK, none have been imported since 1968 and current prices run around $110-120 for 80-90% condition. You should check it out pretty thoroughly and try to get to fire it before buying.

They are not for +P or +P+ ammunition.

I don't know how good a snubbie will be for target shooting; I would recommend a good .22 revolver or pistol for more bangs for the buck.

Jim

Fairly uncommon little revolver. Never seen one in the flesh, but i think that i have a review of them by Leroy Thompson in a book at home (Greatest Combat Handguns, IIRC). He seemed to think that it was a servicable pistol. Should fit any j-frame holster that is not to heavily fitted and should use j-frame speedloaders.

I would buy it if it was cheap enough just to have it. For a defensive gun i would be much more likely to look at a used S&W/Ruger/Taurus/Colt, simply from a parts avail. status if nothing else.

If you want a copy of the article email me your address and i will drop it in me mail.

Back