Need Holster for Mark II with Mounted Sight

NoBite

I have mounted a red dot sight on my Ruger Mark II. Lots of fun to shoot, but I have no idea of any holsters that might be available for it now. Does anyone have a solution? I would be using this holster for the range and plinking in the field. Speed of draw is not especially important.

Thanks!

Quote<<<Need Holster for Mark II with Mounted Sight
I have mounted a red dot sight on my Ruger Mark II. Lots of fun to shoot, but I have no idea of any holsters that might be available for it now. Does anyone have a solution? I would be using this holster for the range and plinking in the field. Speed of draw is not especially important. >>>

No solutions, but I'm jealous. That's the next gun on my list. What kind of Red Dot?

I've got an Ultra Dot. Love it. With eyes that don't focus as well as they used to, this has made a world of difference. I really enjoy shooting this gun! I've been real happy with the Ultra Dot.

It is hard enough for me just to find a holster for a mk2 that is designed for it. I look forward to an answer to this one.

I've used the Uncle Mikes Vertical Shoulder

holster for scoped handguns with a Ruger MkII & Scope. It's about as comfortable as such a thing gets. You do have to use the safety strap or the gun will fall out when you bend over.

Shorter holster?

As far as I can see, the Uncle Mike's holster is for a LONG barrell. I, on the other hand, have a 5.5" scoped buckmark. Any advice for a holster without two extran inches of material at the bottom?

Pistol Packaging make leather holsters for scoped weapons at really good prices. I had them make a custome fit holster for a Kentucky pistol that I carry when I hunt with my muzzleloader, cost $50. It's heavy leather with a lined inside check out thier website www.pistolpackaging.com . I also have the Bandito belt and thier Flapjack holsters, good quality at good prices.:)

While I don't have a red dot on my MK II (YET) I tried slipping it into a Safariland 008 Colt Comp 5 3/4" - 6 1/4" and it is a very good fit. You might be able to find one used.
HTH

Edited to add:
There are two 008s on ebay right now one is a new 6 1/2" the other is used and does not say what length.

Last edited:
Back