need help

old fart

i have saved for a new gun, i found a stainless s&w sd9 brand new for $360 out the door, hows this price? its the only one i have found in my price range except a like new taurus judge poly used at $400 or a sccy 9mm at $300. thanks

.... but what is this new gun for?

If it's for burning $400 for grins and giggles*, then the Taurus is IT.

*I certainly giggle when ever somone suggests that a Taurus Judge is good for much of anything besides separating fools from their money.

I'd. CHeck out the p series rugers also IMO they are some of the best all around semis ever made.they are just as reliable as the others mentioned and probably more accurate.and the best part is they can be had for about 50-100 less than both the sr series and sd series.my first pistol was A p95 I have a few thousand rounds thru it and it has been flawless overall a great gun that I would put up against any semi on the market today.

If that is $360 after tax, then it's not a bad deal. I would agree that the Ruger SR9 is a bit nicer, but the S&W SD9 is still a solid, reliable weapon. Very basic and no bells or whistles to speak of, but for $300-$350 it's a great choice if you are on a budget or just want a gun you won't cry over if it gets dinged/scraped up. Not hard to conceal, either.

I had an S&W SD9 VE. Decent enough, reliable entry level pistol. Could just never warm up to the trigger.

Hang on a second......gotta' put my flame proof suit on.........

There we go, all set.

I sold the SD9 and bought a 9mm Taurus PT709 Slim. I absolutely love this gun. To date, close to 2,000 rounds without any problems. My EDC.

They're accurate, lightweight and easy to carry. And a helluva' lot more accurate than I am! :cool:

Woods carry part

You did say woods carry, so I'm guessing you're considering potential four-legged threats in addition to the usual two-legged ones. What kind of animals do you anticipate problems with? That can be a factor in what you need.

i have a SD40, SD40VE and a SD9VE. my EDC is my SD40VE. i paid $279 out the door in a sale. they normally go for about $350-$400 in michigan. ive seen some less. i have done the apex trigger job on mine. made the pull go down to a crisp 5.5lb. i have also put in a galloway stainless steel guiderod. mine has well over 6000 rounds through it. i have done a 1000 round torture test and it performed just fine. it also eats anything i put in the mags. from cheap bloc ammo to premium SD rounds.

i also open carry quite a bit being in michigan. the good thing with the SD series is it fits all M&P 9/40 holsters. this opens up a ton of options for holsters. i have a foxx IWB, alien gear IWB, blackhawk serpa CQC, safariland ALS, and a galco miami classic.

Back