need help

jb94102

Inactive
I have a wc scott and son dbl hammer shotgun its in good shape problem im having is it has no serial number i looked it over with a magnifying glass and every thing .It has all proof marks and such.Has anyone ever ran into:) this ?

Mostly there but some won't !!

I'm going to assume that there is one, somewhere. However, it's not uncommon for some firearms, not to have a S/N listed. I have see quite a few, in the past. Strange that you will find a S/N on a muzzleloader but not on a breech loader ..... :eek:

Be Safe !!!

This gun is almost certainly numbered, so you're probably either missing a number in an out-of-the-way place, or you're confusing the s/n as an address or as part of a proof mark. English guns will normally have the s/n on the receiver (sometimes on a tang), on the barrels, and on the iron of the forearm, so you could be sure that the parts would all fit together if multiple guns were transported together. A pic of the water table would let us know when and where it was proofed, and the company name and address would also give a clue as to when it was produced.

wc scott and son shot gun

Hi all i sure do appreciate all your responses here are 3 pics of gun hope it helps .. Thanks JIM
Have a great day

Attachments

• gun12.jpg
    gun12.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 54
  • gun13.jpg
    gun13.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 53
  • gun14.jpg
    gun14.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 50
Aaah, a PERCUSSION gun is an entirely different kettle of fish; W & C Scott made these between 1862 and 1890, and yours shows the proper Birmingham proofs; the "2" on the bottom of the chambers may indicate that this gun was number 2 of a cased pair that has been separated; has it got an address shown anywhere on the lockplates or the rib?

There are WC Scott shotguns on gunbroker from $1 to $20,000. Take your pick.
(Actually if you would post pictures of the whole gun it would be much easier to give you an answer)

Back