Need help with Ruger .22 pistol.

kreepyKop

Inactive
I recently came across a used Ruger semi auto .22. On the left side of the receiver it has 'RUGER 22 cal long rifle automatic pistol'. On the top of the receiver it has 'MADE IN THE 200TH YEAR OF AMERICAN LIBERTY'. On the right side it has 'Sturm Ruger and co. inc. Southport Conn. USA.'. It is blue steel, with about a six inch tapered barrel w/non adjustable sights. Ser# 13-91249.

Does anyone know how much this should go for, or if it is a collecters item? Looks to be in ok shape, but is holster worn. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Greeting's kreepyKop, Your Ruger .22 was manufactured in 1976, this country's bicentennial year.:) Thousands were
made; some are in the possession of collectors in "unfired/unused" condition.:eek: Your description tells
us that your weapon is used; but not abused. Probably
$200.00 would be top end for this weapon, in the condition
that you described.:( As an example, I gave $289.88 + sales
tax for a NIB KMK-512 Ruger MK-II, in October of 98.:D

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Hi, KreepyKop,

If the pistol did not come with an owner's manual and the shop has none, write to Ruger for one BEFORE starting to disassemble the gun.

Jim

I have the stainless version of that pistol. Yet another of my fine firearms that you will never see me willing part with.

Cawdor, thanks for the Mk II cleaning link, I'm one of those ready to pry mine apart for the first time...many thanks!
VonFatman

Back