Need help with NEW Handgun selection.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusternc

Ok guys/gals...
I am kinda in the market for a new handgun. I am looking for something for mostly target practice and also as home defense. Currently, I own a Sig P220 .45 (had it 7months), a Savage 10-FP Tactical .308 rifle, and a DPMS Ar-15 .223. The only other handgun I've ever shot was a Para-ordanance P-14 several years ago. I think I might like something like a real 1911 style .45, but I'm open to suggestions. I think this time I might go for something nice like a stainless gun with cocobolo type grips. The Springfield Loaded .45's look quite nice. What .45 gun would work well (or almost as well) for someone spoiled by their Sig's total reliability and flawless function after 1000+ rounds? I'm open to all suggestions. BTW- I'd like to keep the cost under $600. Thanks.

Nathan..

Not interested in Glock

Nathan,
"Not interested in Glock"
I like that ! ;)
Check out http://www.gunsamerica.com for heaps of 1911's in your price range.
You can even get standard Paras for $500 & the Limited Series for $649. :)
The NEW Paras have a much thinner grip than the older ones, so 14+1 of.45ACP is mucho FUN at the Range!
Give me a call if after something "special".

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

I was able to buy the Kimber Custom/Classic full size 1911A1 in stainless for about $625. It is an excellent "traditional" .45 ACP. In blue, it would be less expensive. IMHO, the Kimbers and "fully loaded" Springfields are the best alternatives in your price range; however, the quality, fit, finish, durability, reliability and out-of-the-box accuracy of the Kimber is somewhat better than the Springfield.

Might I recomend the Walther P-99, or the Smith-Wesson SW-99 in 9mm or 40 s-w.
I own the Walther in 9mm and I just love it!
The custom grip feature was just what the doctor ordered.(I have small hands!) You can change between three different sizes to get the one that fits.(Grip panels are supplied with the gun.) The pistol is a bit pricey though. It lists for $799, but I got mine for around $650. It is a full size service pistol, but it lends itself to concealed carry very well. I carry mine in a kydex (sic) I.W.B. holster with no problems whatsoever. All in all,it is a very well built gun that is worth every penny.

i own a kimber custom and a kimber gold both guns are great! everything in a expencive handgun!!!! they shoot well and handel well and wont cost your an arm or a leg!

If $600 is your range look at the SPRINGFIELDs and COLTs on GUNSAMERICA! Both make good 1911 style pistols. I have no experience with the KIMBERs or Para Ordanance 1911 style pistols so I can't vouch for either. The Colts and Springfields have been around longer and are considered the "traditional" 1911s as they are the main manufactures of these style handguns. This is not to say that they are the best. My full custom WILSON COMBAT 1911 though very $$$ is second to NONE!

My first choice in an out of the box 1911 would be those made by Springfield Armory followed by Colt.

Check them all out...

------------------
SURE SHOT

i own 2 springfields and feel that they are the best on the market. i would take a pass on the colt. the quality just is not there anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back