• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

need help with my viewing of tfl

frogman6

I couldn't think of a more confusing name for the thread so.....when I enter a thread such as the shirt one above to read Georges (ah hem) witty comments ;)..... and I come back out using my web browsers back button...all the sections that had new posts on them are now saying that they have no new posts since last time I was here...and as I visit at least twice a day this gets confusing after a while...trying to figure out which sections have new posts...under stand ? after reading what I just wrote I have no idea what I ment.....thanks

------------------
frogman6

If I understand correctly ;)..

When you use the "back" button you are loading the page from the cache stored in your browser, not from the TFL server so the cache doesn't reflect new data until you load page from TFL server. That is done by either clicking a forum link (i.e Gen'l, Handguns, etc), or if you are in a forum, hitting your "reload" button

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Ok, here's the deal.

When you enter the forums, your computer is passed a bit of information known as a Cookie.

This cookie contains the date and time that you last logged into the forums. So, when you are hitting the back button, the server reads your cookie as being newer than the page you are returning to, so you don't see any of the newer messages.

Instead of hitting the back button, try clicking on the Firing Line logo up at the top left, or using the Hop To box at the bottom.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com
www.bladeforums.com

Well I didn't understand any of what you said .....but I understood the solution....so thanks......Frogman6 (aka computer illiterate dude )

Back