Need Help with Concealed Carry Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipper

I'll be receiving my permit soon, and I need some advice on carry options. I typically wear shirts tucked-in, Docker-style pants (or jeans). My build is slim, and I'm 6' tall. I'll be carrying a Walther P99 40.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I wear dockers quite a bit and know your problem. I recently bought a holster called the "Pager Pal". It is an excellent design, unfortunatley, Im not tall and thin like you, rather about 5'10" 235lbs. This holster slips into the front of your pants and completely conceals your gun with nothing showing except your pager. To draw you simply grab the pager and pull the whole holster out to reviel the gun. For me, this system does not work the best because of my......larger than average waistline, however for a thin man, it is an excellent design. You can usually find them at gunshows.

I have resigned myself to carrying in a ankle holster when wearing dockers. I carry a titanium 342 and find it hides very well on the ankle. For a larger gun, your gonna have a tough time concealing it in just dockers and a sport shirt. Maybe a belly band or thunderwear, but Ive never been real happy with those concepts.... again, not designed for us big boned folks. Good luck, and if you have troubles, maybe you should invest in a jframe 38 or a smaller gun like a guardian or secamp? Hope this helps

I agree with Bob S. I also carry a titanium S&W in a Galco Ankle Glove. I've never been a fan of ankle holsters but this combination works great. Obviously, the draw is not as quick as a belt or even a shoulder holster, but at least you have a gun.

Wear thunderwear, somehow women tend to give more attention to your Glock

------------------
10MM Magnum.... tried the rest, now I got the best

Check out Kramer Leather http://www.gokart.net/shop-utopia/kramer/ They have a excellent pocket holster that makes our S&W 442 dissapear in jeans, dockers or any other pants (front or back pocket). I got the holster from Dillon. When I want to look like a tourist <VBG> a uncle mikes small fanny pack works good also.

I use a Rosen ARG for the 1911 and it is truly an excelent holster even if a bit expensive, but well worth the wait. http://www.mitchrosen.com/index.html
I wear this setup with blue jeans and T shirts and it does not print. You just need to get yur pants 2 sizes larger so the holster fits inside the pants comfortable.

OB-1, Good to se you here ;)

I have a couple of different IWB holsters (Uncle Mikes, Galco) I wear with Dockers. The key is wearing a good sturdy belt. I don't like wearing shirts untucked either so I just took to wearing a light sportcoat. For summer recreation, I started using a fanny pack when wearing shorts. I can't say I'm thrilled with it but it works.

[This message has been edited by bamaflier (edited September 01, 1999).]

I prefer the Blade Tech Concealex® IWB holster. I am 5'9" and 138 lbs., so needless to say of thin build. It's tough to hide a gun on me, so the Blade-Tech is the thinnest IWB holster that I have found. It is made of thin plastic that is VERY strong, retains the gun very well and is quick to draw. It also protects the whole length of the gun from sweat. Because it barely adds any width to the gun, I can comfortably conceal my Glock 26 and my Kahr K40.

However, you must have an untucked shirt or jacket for this kind of holster. Luckily, clothing trends (t-shirt w/ loose shirt or vest from Gap, Old Navy, etc. over it) lend themselves well to concealed carry these days. Blade Tech offers a tuckable IWB holster, but I do not think for your gun model.

For when I wear khakis and tucked in shirt, I had to purchase a NAA Guardian .32ACP with pocket holster.

www.blade-tech.com/

my two cents :)

DWM

Pipper,

I'll have to agree with Joey on the Rosen ARG. I've been carrying my 1911 in one now for going on 4 years. Dress ranges from Shorts/T through jeans & dockers (all with T or Polo shirt untucked). With Suit/Sport Coat that covers it. If you normally wear your shirts tucked in check out Rosen's "Workman".

And I'll echo Bamaflier's comment about the key is a good belt. Which is why Rosen recommends that his holsters sell as part of an intergrated system with a belt. (I'm sure profit also comes into play).

I've got two belts from him to go with my holster. 1 for casual wear and one for dress. They are both sized to fit with or without the holster. The dress one's ends are tapered so that from the front (exposed part while wearing a suit/sport coat) it looks to be a normal "thin" dress belt, and not a "fat" gun belt.

I've had other holsters/belts over the years. Both my ARG and belts from Rosen have stood up better than all the others. If these wear out they will be replace by the same. (i.e. I found a system that works)

Again, like Joey said, they are not inexpensive. Look to drop approxitmately $200 +/- for a belt & holster. But, IMO, they are well worth it. The old saying holds true... "You get what you pay for!"

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back