Need Help with Clip On IWB-Kramer or Alessi?

Tecolote

Posting for a buddy w/o net access-I'll pass on your responses.

Looking for a comfortable IWB holster for a P228. I'm looking for something thin, with a clip that really grips, that will last hard use and that's affordable. The less expensive the better.

I've narrowed my choices to Kramer's IWB Clip www.kramerleather.com/index1.html and Alessi's Talon Plus www.rfholsters.com/rfholsters/product.asp?dept%5Fid=10&pf%5Fid=AH%2DTP

Any helpful comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

I can only speak about the Alessi talon Plus.

I've carried a 2" .38 and my Colt 1991A1 Compact in Talon Plus holsters. They are well made and the clip does indeed grip! I wear mine with the clip attached to my waistband and my belt over the top. I have never, even when the holsters were brand new, had the holster come out of my pants when drawing the gun.

I have nothing but respect for Mr. Alessi's products, and heartily endorse the Talon Plus for your needs. Several posts on this and other sites, as well as experience, have led me to stay away from Kramer products.

For less than "deep cover" I use my Alessi IWB. I've never felt I needed something different.

I especially appreciate that piece of leather between my side and the hammer area of my pistol!

Have had a Kramer IWB for my HK USP40, and tend not to carry as much as I should due to the thing not keeping the gun tucked in well, and being generally uncomfortable (a pain in the arse, you might say ;)).

My Talon Plus is on it's way as we speak. The Talon Plus is a whooole lot cheaper than the Kramer, also. And if the comments around here are worth anything, it's easily twice the holster. I can't wait.

- gabe

I carry my officer carry model in an Aleesi Talon. Get one you will be very happy with it. Comfortable and concealable, affordable, what else is there?

Back