Need help with Browning BAR (Not Military)

TPAW

An old gent passed away and his wife is selling off his collection. I have my eyes on a Browning BAR, not military. Here's what I got over the phone.
It's late 60's or 1970, Made in Belgium, 30.06, semi auto.
The rife has never been fired and in closet storage all these years. It's said to look new.
The stock (pistol grip area) and forearm has checkering, it has rifle sights with a hooded front sight, and a white bead on the front sight blade.
Here are whatever markings are on it.........A crown with the letter R under it, under the R is a star, under the star is the letter Z, and under the Z are the letters PV. There is also another crown, and under that crown is a circle with the letters ELG in it.
Does anyone know what it might be worth. I want to make her an offer that's fair.

27th edition Blue Book of gun values

100% $550
98% $ 475
95% $ 400
90% $ 350

It sounds like the rifle is at least 95% so I didn't list anything lower than 90.

Jimro

Sounds like a typical Belgium Bar

That sounds like a typical Belgian BAR from the late sixties or early 70's. Around here they are worth $550 to $700 if they are clean as you described. The Grade II's of that era have simple scroll engraving of big game heads on the side of the receiver. These are fairly common and have a slight edge in value of approximately $100 from what I've seen. Check out Belgian BAR's on Gunbroker and see what you find. Guns with the box and paperwork in new condition are worth around $1000. from that era.

Probably looks a lot like this one...

1969 Belgian BAR, Grade 1, in .30-06:

barbenchweaverright2.jpg

Depending on condition, I understand the Belgian-made BARs, vs. the Portuguese-made versions, command a higher price.

Back