need help with bore brush

gorrillaman

Went out to get a bore brush for a J.P. Sauer and Sohn model 1913 .25 cal pistol that I inherited. All the store had was for a .25/.243 rifle. I was wondering if this would work or would I end up screwing something up. I asked the guy at the front counter, but he wasn't much help. Any thoughts?

That should work fine.
.25 caliber is .25 caliber.

The only time you might have problems using a rifle brush in a pistol is in revolvers where the brush may be too long to come out the rear into the frame window.

As long as the length is no issue, the rifle brush will work just great in your pistol.
If the brush seems to be really tight for the bore, PULL it through with the rod instead of pushing it.

Well if it is a rifle brush, it probably will not allow you to push it all the way thru and reverse it with the slide in place, you probably should take the gun down or remove the barrel to do that. Otherwise I suppose you could cut the length down a bit for a better fit. Of course I assume you are talking a nylon or bronze brush, not steel. No steel brush!

Back