• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

need help to add picture in post

Mike19

I'm trying to put a picture (from my files) in a post. I just read the Sticky on this but I'm not getting anywheres.

When I right click on the Attchments buton (the paper clip) I get a menu but it doesn't include an option to "Browse" like it says in the Sticky. So, I'm stuck:eek:

I used to post pics all the time on a different forum about 4 years ago, but now I've forgotten how to do it. :o

I would appreciate some help.

Right click the paperclip?

To the right of the clip is a TINY down arrow. Left click that, and it will open the Manage Attachments window. There you will see the browse option.

It doesn't say "Browse", either, at least not in any browser I use.

The window looks like this:

attachment.php

Click "Choose File" and you'll get a window to "browse" your computer.

The same window is available below the original post window, by scrolling down a little and using the "Manage Attachments" button.

Attachments

• Clip.jpg
    Clip.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 68
Thank you for your replies.

Still nothing happening. When I left click on the arrow next to the paper clip or the Attachments button following the post window, I get nada.

Its as if the Forum is blocking my attempts to add an attachment, but the Forum Rules window under the post window states that I may post attachments.

I must be doing something wrong, but don't know what.

My appologies, but I do not understand computers very well.

My computer is set to not block pop-ups. I do not know what Firefox or Chrome or a browser is. I use Google for my search engine. Is a browser something different than a search engine?

I just googled Chrome and after reading their ad I don't understand what it is,except that it appears to be free. Should I download Chrome? Will that allow me to post pictures? Will I still be able to use Google if I download Chrome?

I think I'm just going to pass on trying to post picturews. :(

A brower is the program you use to connect to content on the internet.

You get to the Google search engine by launching a browser on your computer -- Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, or one of the other proprietary browsers.

Pop up blocking is done by settings in your browser, or by a separate setting in your system security software.

And yes, what computer do you use? A PC or a Macintosh?

Back