Need help picking a scope

Tgself1

Inactive
I am building a 6.5 Grendel ar with a 18 inch barrel for deer hunting. All my shots will be under 200 yards. I will also take the rifle to the range occasionally to shoot, but nothing over 400 yards. I have decided on a 2-7 power scope but need help picking which brand to go with. The choices are; burris fullfield E1, leupold vx freedom, sig sauer whiskey 3, vortex crossfire II, or the Nikon p3. Any input from members who have experience with any of these would be greatly appreciated, or if anyone knows of any other 2-7 power scopes in the $200 range that I'm overlooking.

I have 3 of the brands your looking at-in my opinion of the one's I own-Leupold-Burris-and the Vortex to my eye's the Burris is by far the clearest scope of the bunch.
I have this one mounted on a Henry Big Boy Brass in .41Mag and it is a great performer.
A person really can't go wrong with any of your choices-go to a place where you can look thru them and see which is the best for you.

I have always really hated the turrets on the lower end Leupold scopes. Although their glass is still really good.

I currently use a Sig Sauer Whiskey 3 on my 5.56x45. I have the 3-9 magnification version. It is a very high quality optic for its price. Probably best in class in my opinion. The Nikon P3 is also a great scope. I have had several of those. The Vortex probably has the best glass out of the three. The glass on the Sig is about as good as the Vortex, but the turrets on the Sig are much nicer. Also the sig Turrets and magnification ring are easier to read.

Back