Need help on finding age of my Mauser rifle

OK, However caliber and serial number is not enough to even make a guess. Is it a German military Mauser? ( not likely unless it has been re-barreled), or perhaps a South American Mauser, or even a Belgium Mauser. Unfortunately there is no registry that contains all the worlds serial numbers. The same serial number may be used by hundreds of manufactures { and have been } Need complete markings and pictures would even be better.:)

ahh ok good to know haha its my second gun so im new to some of this.. its a Mauser Model 98.. on the barrel is says made in England.. ill get more pics up right now

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 76
  • photo#3.jpg
    photo#3.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 64
  • photo#4.jpg
    photo#4.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 54
My guess is a BSA or perhaps a Parker Hale on a Mauser action, either way I believe they date to the 1970's 80's. I'm not aware of any serial number resources for these guns. could be wrong, sure been wrong before:) They are nice guns.

You have a commercial FN Mauser .30-06 Sporting Rifle from the 1970's - the same FN Supreme (Mauser 98) action used on the better finished & stocked Browning High Power Rifles of the 1960's.

Both Parker-Hale & BSA formerly imported Mauser actions & barreled actions into England (I have a P-H Safari), but usually marked their own names conspicuiously on the top of the receiver ring or on the LH receiver wall.

Last edited:
Back