Need help IDing inherited Mauser

clayakers

Inactive
My father died earlier this month and left to me what appears to be a Mauser. Before his death I asked him about it and he had gotten it from his father (a WWII vet), but didn't know if Grandpa had brought it back from Europe or not. There are no marks to ID the caliber, but Dad used 7.65mm ammo the very few times he shot it. The only marks that I can find on the gun is a "Crown over B" on the bolt and in the magazine (the numbers stamped on the bolt do not match those on the other parts of the gun) and the words "MANUFACTURE D'ARMES DE L'ETAT (which I have found roughly translates from French to "State arms factory") on the receiver end of barrel behind the rear sight.

I would love to know more about this gun. Any help would be appreciated.

Pictures would really help. So many .32ACP pistols were made in
Europe that you can't tell the players without a score card.

Bummer, Clay, my condolences.

My Father passed away in early February.

Is this a pistol or a rifle?

I'm thinking that this is a rifle, chambered in 7.65 Belgian, and it was actually not made in France, but in Belgium, between the wars.

Apparently as part of war reparations the Belgians received many thousands of Turkish Mausers. The Belgians reworked them, and this rifle was the result.

Does it look anything like this?

19150.jpg

I apologize; I've been very busy as of late and I have not had the opportunity to reply or to take pictures, but my rifle looks very much like the pictures Mike has supplied. Hopefully, I will have time this weekend to take and post some pix.

Back