Need help identifying WWII Sauer pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

huge

My girlfriend's grandfather died and left some WWII items that he brought back from Germany. Her mother asked me to help sell them. Included is a Sauer pistol with cracked grips. Saarco has replacement grips for a Sauer Model 38H and I THINK these are the correct replacements for this pistol. However, I have no info on the Sauer pistols and seek the assistance of the group. The pistol is blue, and resembles a Walther PP. It has no exposed hammer, no slide stop, but does have a slide mounted safety and frame mounted decocker. Caliber is .32 (7.65). The left side of the slide is marked "J.P. Sauer & Son, Suhl" abd "Cal. 7.65". The right side of the slide bears only the word "Patent" and the frame has the serial number 409267 above a Nazi insignia. The original grips are black plastic, checkered except for a smoooth portion at the top, and the left panel bears an entertwined "SUS". Any help in confirming that this is indeed a Sauer 38H would be greatly appreciated. If anyone needs more detail, I can e-mail photos. God bless, Hugh

Huge,

I dont know if this helps. But heres a link to the sauer web site. By the way if you would like to send me a pic i know of a collector that may be able to give you an appraisel.
www.jpsauer.com/company.htm

Good luck !

------------------
TIM : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back