Need Help Identifying Old Mauser Rifle

BassmanTX

Inactive
I was given a mauser rifle by my grandfather several years ago and am trying to figure out exactly what I have here. I believe it is a 7mm, but there are just so many models out there. There is very little in the way of identifying marks. X3715 is stamped on the bolt, receiver and barrel (serial # maybe?).

The only other mark is either a misstamped 5 or something that looks roughly like the pi sign from math. I have a couple of pics but don't see a way to attach them. Any ideas on how to trace this thing and figure out a value would be greatly appreciated!

Not enough info to help. If you have digital pics on your computer, click on reply, then go to Manage Attachments (below) and then download the pics from your computer. Some of us would appreciate your reducing the file size (pixel count) to around 100-200k bytes so they don't take forever to download.

Jim

Looks like a Spanish Mauser (model 1893 or 1895) 7x57 as cut back into an inexpensive "sporter" in the 1960s. Prices ran $30-$40 back then, not a whole lot now.

Back