Need help identifying a double barrel reciever

mikenbarb

I came across an old double barrel reciever and cant identify it. It has double set triggers, Ser#109153 with a 12 and letters BEL under it. it seems that some letters are after Bel but not sure. On the other side it has 761 or 261 and a symbol that looks like a broom or airplane bottom view with a 0 above it. It also has an oil port or something like that on the top right of the reciever. It looks like the wood from the stock goes into inlays on the sides of the reciever and on the bottom it has a rectangular hole. I only have pictures to go from and hoping this is enough to find out but if I get better ones I will post. I went thru my book and couldnt even find anythin close to it.

That is not enough to go by. Pictures would be interesting, but...
If you can't read the markings and it is only the reciever, you pretty much have a paperweight.

Jim, The numbers are legible but not in the pictures. I will hopefully have it in my hands in a couple days and let you know. Its a weird looking reciever and it has cutouts in the side so the stock inlays into the reciever sides. The top oil screw or whatever it is realy throws me off. Its on the top right side 3/8" behind where the barrel would close onto the face.:confused:

The oval cutout behind the barrels is for the crossbolt, used to lock the shotgun's action by closing through a square cutout in the shotgun's barrel extension. The stock wood going into "false sideplate" areas on boxlock shotguns is fairly common, but it could actually be a sidelock shotgun, in which case that is where the lockwork assemblies would fit. The rectangular cutout in the bottom is for the barrel lug.

Back