Need help id Colt 1911 Recon

Bob1911

I need info on a colt 1911 Recon. 3.5" barrel Serial # Recon0134.

I'm looking for year of manufacture and value and I have a 1991 with some mods that he wants for it.

I would like to know when the 1991 was made and approx. value too Please. ser# 27424xx

Both are 45ACP

I would be grateful for any help.

Bob

Last edited:
This thread is from 2004, but it's all I can find on the Recon. John

www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75931&highlight=recon

1000? made in '97.

See post #12...

"Originally Posted by UdontnoME
they are asking $795. Personally it all depends on how bad you want one. All else being equal, it might be worth a bit more than a standard Colt in the same condition, or if a guy is dying to own one he may be willing to pay several hundred over a standard Colt to own it."

"When new, they were the same price and features as a 1991. If it's a must-have, I suppose $795 isn't out of line, but realistically this gun is more of a $500 gun IMO.

Heck, the Lt Comm was a similar gun, much nicer finish though, and we sold it for 550 area.

Colt Recon 1911

After reading several blogs about the Colt Recon 1911, and recently purchasing one, I wondered why everyone was guessing about information about the Colt Recon. It would seem obvious to me to call Colt directly and find out, and is exactly what I did.

I spoke to Colt on 12/10/08 about the Colt Recon 1911. I was told that they were manufactured in 1996. It was a special edition run and only 487 were made. I paid 400.00 for mine and it is in excellent condition. So I think for that price, it was an awesome deal.

Back