Need Franchi help

hotdog

I have a Franchi semi auto 2 3/4 in I bought in 1968 It has the scroll work inlaid on it in alum. and black it is an AL-48 hunter in very good shape . A family friend saw it and wants to buy it but I have no idea of a price to ask. Does anyone that is a Franchi buff have an idea?thanks hotdog:confused:

In 1996 I gladly paid $425 for an AL-48 hunter in used but very good shape at a local pawn shop. Before buying this gun I called every pawn shop and gun store in the area looking for good deal. It seems that in my area (Oklahoma City) they run between $350 and $475 depending on condition.

I don't see these guns on the used market very often. I would assume there aren't very many of them or their owners won't part with them. I know there is no way I'll part with mine. Its 100% reliable and light as a feather.

hotdog,

Out of curiosity, I started digging around in my junk room and lo and behold I found the original box for my Franchi. After wiping off the dust, I found that the original sales receipt was still taped to the box. I purchased it in 1989 at Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, Mo. Price was $379.95 marked on sale for $299.95. Hope this helps.

SW 586

Back