need firing pin for a 7.7 Arisaka

thanks for your help

Thanks for your help, I can't wait to shoot this piece of family history again! My father brought this back from the Philipines in WWII, 37th inf. thanks again

Hornaday now makes the ammo but for years when it wasn't available, I've made it from military '06 cases or 8mm Mauser brass. If you can't find ammo for a reasonable price, ping me and I'll give you more info on making your own.

Tony

Ive tried using 8mm brass for my T99 but the cases did not last very long. I got 2-3 firings before the necks cracked. (this was with new brass)

I don't remember how many loadings I got from resized 8mm Mauser brass but the LC56 military '06 cases converted to 7.7mm seem to last forever. I'd sure like to get a bunch more of those.

Also the thicker neck from the shortened '06 cases take up the slop in the Arisaka chambers and seem to improve group size...

Tony

The 6.5 F/pin will work sometimes, but check the protrusion from the face. A lot of pins from 6.5's had an inverted radius right behind the pin and will not seat right when in the fired position. Most 7.7 parts inter-change O.K. but early model 6.5's are tighter fit and give you problems when exchanging parts with other 6.5's. Best to stay with 7.7 parts for a 7.7. For years I have been using Arasakas for hunting, either original chamberings or re-barrels. I consider them the only military rifle that can be extremely lightened up and still be safe and reasonably accurate. Good luck with your project.

Back