Need advice

WGB38

I am preparing to purchase my first gun safe. I am collecting info on the various safe manufacturers. I know of liberty, browning etc, but I wondering who else there is out there. I want a safe I can secure to the floor into a concrete pad, that is fire proof, and will hold a large number of rifles and handguns. Any suggestions?

I currently own an American Security and love it. Mostly to store handguns but it will accept 8 rifles I believe. I got it from my local sporting goods store just before they were to get there new inventory in. Made them an offer and they accepted. You also might want to check out your local yellow pages. You might be suprised as to how many safe dealers there are out there. Local purchase will also save a bundle on shipping. Good luck.

We shopped around and It's Liberty for us

it's a great safe and makes a beautiful piece of furniture.

we're on our second Liberty Safe..... had to upgrade to a bigger one :D

Two suggestions that you should follow...

Take your time, research and become educated. It was 3 months by the time I started researching and actually purchased a safe.

Buy the largest you can. I actually wanted to purchase a larger safe than the one I actually did, but due to the location where I was going to place the safe, the size was restricted due to the opening to the room. As a result, it looks like I may have to purchase another safe within the next year as the current safe is full.

FWIW

I have a Treadlok, http://www.treadlok.com , and have been happy with it. I don't know about securing to a concrete pad though.

Whatever you choose keep in mind that all sorts of other things will find their way in there besides your guns. Documents, jewelry, cameras, binoculas, that next gun ;), etc. Get a little bigger than you think you will need.

Moving a safe is no fun either. Start schmoozing with your biggest friends/relatives now! :D

Back