Need advice on a 5.56 muzzle device with Polonium K suppressor

Major727

Could someone please recommend a 5.56 muzzle device (which type, brand and model is better?) to be used with the 5.56 Polonium K suppressor? The intent is to shoot that BCM AR both with and without suppressor in an easy way - just screwing on and off the suppressor. I would consider both budget and ellite option. Anyway, it still beats me how a simple piece of metal in a relatively simple shape cost up to $180.

Well you bought the wrong suppressor if you want to run a QD system. While your suppressor uses the 1.375X24 thread, the cheapest option for you is to carry a wrench and direct thread (DT) a flash hider and your suppressor. There are other suppressor offered by Otter Creek that would allow you to have used their flash hider and suppressor without using the DT mount that your suppressor ships with. Plus looking at Otter Creek's web page there isn't a way to convert the Polonium suppressors to their own QD mounting system.

Since you have the industry standard thread for your suppressor just look at other manufacturer QD systems. Yes, it's going to cost $200 minimum with tax and shipping to QD your suppressor. I'd suggest you talk directly with Otter Creek Labs before deciding which QD mounting system to buy and use their recommended QD system for your suppressor. Make sure they'll warranty your suppressor against baffle strikes with the other manufacturers QD system you want to use.

I use the Silencer Co ASR mounting system as that's what my Omega 300 came with. YHM SRX system would also be a good option IMO. Don't cheap out after you invested time and money in a suppressor.

Thank you, but I wasn't really thinking about QD,. because Plan B appears to be more simple. Polonium K (has 1/2X28 thread according to the manufacturer's specs) comes with a direct thread adapter. So I thought about installing a muzzle break with the same thread and just joining the muzzle break and the direct thread adaptor. Then I have read that people are actually using a tapering adaptor instead. I don't really understand why. The muzzle breaks that have the right thread and appeal to me esthetically are https://deadairsilencers.com/product/xeno-brake/
and
https://libertyprecisionmachine.com/product/lpm-liberty-bell-muzzle-brake-900x24/

Those brakes have the right thread to screw onto your barrel. They don't have the right thread to screw your suppressor onto the muzzle device. The thread on the outside of those muzzle devices are much larger than 1/2-28 thread. You'll have to remove the DT adapter and add a tapered thread "plan b" adapter.

So like I said you're looking for a QD attachment be it something like ASR or tapered thread. So call Otter Creek and ask them. You will spend at least $200 to convert your suppressor to use either of the brakes/flash hiders you linked.

For the Dead Air brake you'll need this adapter.

With the Liberty Precision brake you need this adapter.

Thanks! I understand it now. I also searched for better prices and it looks like you are right - it will be at least around $200 in total. I am surprised nobody makes and sells this staff for less. When I needed non-threaded muzzle devices several years ago, I found and bought several quite decent no-brand items for $20 or so. Of course, if I want to display Vltor lor Noveske logo on my muzzle devise, that is also worth something to some people.

Rearden adapers are the cheapest I've come across.

Rearden Atlas Mount
Rearden Flash Hider
Rearden Mini Muzzle Device (MMD)

The few I linked are "raw" if you want a Nitried finish they run about $5 more per item. If you go with the raw MMD and Atlas mount you'll be just over $100 + tax and shipping to QD your suppressor with a Plan B mount. It's also a good idea to buy a Suppressor Alignment Rod to make sure your mash-up of parts are playing nice together. It's a cheap piece of insurance.

That certainly looks like the best price. I may need Atlas XL though to be able to move my suppressor to other guns that may have longer muzzle devices.

Well, if you want to always shoot suppressed, I agree you don't need any muzzle device. I see suppressor as an additional option. I would actually want to alternate muzzle devices too but at may be too harsh for a nice barrel

Back