**Need advice from Benelli M1 owners**

magnum_force

Does the Benelli M1 have a great deal more felt recoil than a pump shotgun?

Has anyone shot a Benelli M1 Entry (14" barrel)? Does the Benelli M1 Entry have a great deal more felt recoil than the regulare M1?

1. IMHO, no. To me, my Mossberg 590 kicks more. However, I do feel more recoil from my M1S90T than a Remington gas gun -- the inertia system, while being amazingly reliable under dirty conditions, doesn't do much to soak up recoil compared to a gas-operated semi-auto.

2. No idea about this one.

Justin

The m1 entry will technically have more felt recoil due to the lighter weight. My m3 has more felt recoil than my 870. It also weighs about 3.5 pounds less. Recoil is a function of the weight and load your shooting. The gas guns have the same recoil in an equally weighted gun. the recoil impulse is spread over a greater time period and feels lighter. The difference in the m1 and m1 entry is going to be extremely small. What does 4.5" of barrel weigh? Just go to the reduced tactical buckshot and slugs.

My m1s90 kicks somewhere inbetween a gas operated auto and a pump.

My gun has a 28" barrel however.

If you like you can buy a recoil reducer.

I don't feel a substantial recoil difference between my M1 and pumps. I don't know about the entry model but unless you plan to shoot a lot from the hip recoil's nothing to worry about.

I have both 14" and 18" barrels on both 870 and Super 90. Recoil diff is slightly more with shorter barrels and buckshot, and more noticeable with slugs. 14" are much handier in tight situations.

I find the Benelli's recoil to be less than my 870 pump. If you use full power buck or slugs extensively (e.g. over 3 days of a shotgun course), then it becomes more noticeable.

Generally, pumps kick most, gas systems (like an 1187) kick least, and recoil operated, like the Benelli's kick in the middle. My experience is consistent with the above ( I have all three). I have shot a 14", and I couldn't tell any difference.

Back