Need advice fast!!!

Dave AA

I have the opportunity to buy a Bushmaster pre-ban, looks like an M-4 with A1 sights, bayonet lug, flash suppressor, collapsible stock, etc. It looks in good shape, but someone used corrosive ammo in it and it shows in the suppressor. It jammed a couple times out of 100 rds. He has 5-6 30 rd. mags incl. 2 polymer mags with it, and a soft case. He wants $1600 for it. Fair price? I need to know, he probably won't have it long.
Thanks in advance!

you can buy two post ban rifles for that price.

If you really think you need the fs, collapsable stock, and bayonet lug,

go for it.

Dave AA,

For all that extra stuff price is decent...not good, but not bad. If you really want that collapsable stock and you have the $$$, go for it. Otherwise $1,600 will buy you...

A2 Bushmaster Dissapator $800
A2 M4 Upper $400.
Colt 4x21 RF $300
5-30 round mags $100

That's what I did with my $1,600. I switch the uppers back and forth for different situations and after the millenim, I'm going to find a pre-ban lower for the M4 upper.

Good luck with your search.

1. It jams.

2. It had corrosive ammo put through it. Think they got all that crud out of the gas tube?

I think those points answer your question.

BTW, I didn't know .223 has ever been loaded with corrosive. But if the rifle has crud, the rifle has crud. Save your money.

Way overpriced. Save your money. Better to shop around and for a sense of what's out there, go to AR15.com

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

FWIW, I never heard of 5.56/.223 corrosive ammo either, and the gas tube is stainless steel. Sounds like the rifle may need a good cleaning with a good solvent.

Jim

Hey Jim,

Not to argue, but what about that Norinco .223? Just curious.

Gary

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

I bought Norinco .223 in High School and it was not corosive. I shot it up and then used the brass to reload.

Hope this helps

Later
Daren

DaveAA,
I rarely comment on such posts, however, I've been around long enough to have seen these "price hikes" occur at several times in the past.

And, that's what I'd recommend you do, pass on this one.

Pre-ban is basically hype. There is nothing practical that pre-ban features get that would justify the cost. In short, it isn't cost effective. You aren't going to launch grenades from that NATO standard flash-hider/grenade launcher. You're not going "over the top" in a bayonet charge. And the collapsible-stock is the classic case of less for more, in that it simply doesn't hold up as well or buffer the carrier group as does the standard A2 stock assembly.

My 2-cents, FWIW & YMMV.

------------------
Mykl
~~~~~
"If you really want to know what's going on;
then, you have to follow the money trail."
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

[This message has been edited by Mykl (edited October 05, 1999).]

Alright, I'm going to pass. I can get a preban AR-15 A2 for about 1100-1200 in mint shape, And add stuff later if I really want it. Thanks Guys!

Mykl, what if you need to hide your flash next time you're sniping? I mean, most people need to maintain their clandestine position when removing certain in-laws. Reminds me of a t-shirt I saw at the gun show this weekend: "Some people are still alive only because it is illegal to kill them."

Back