Need advice - CZ75 for ESP?

Racingsnake

I just started IDPA this year and have been shooting stock service revolver.

I'd like to progress with the sport and move to enhanced service pistol (ESP) but can't afford the more expensive pistols the top guys are shooting.

I was wondering what you all think of the CZ75 for this division?

Regards, Racingsnake

cz

hi ya, ask Angus Hebdell at CZ Custom in Mesa AZ;
I love my CZ75B SA for steel madness
but I am not sure what IPSC rules are, as I don't shoot that discipline.

good luck,

Witness

Great shooting gun. Other CZ like guns to look at are the EAA Witness line which are affordable.

I have a Witness-P-F 45 4.5". It is a beefy CZ-75 clone basically. I see these out there still sub $400 for the polymer and Around $500 for steel models. This pistol is definitely the most accurate pistol (in my hands) that I have ever shot. Most of what you will find though are the 3.6". This one is actually thin enough that I can conceal it for carry even.

I would take a CZ75 as my second choice to 1911ish 9mm for IDPA ESP.

I once had a Tanfoglio, so long ago they were not even labeled "Witness". It was a considerable disappointment. Maybe they are better now.

A CZ 75SA with a nice trigger job, good sights and a decent holster will not limit anyone in ESP, in my opinion. Great weight, draws and points well and can be superbly reliable and accurate.

When I ran a 75SA I really didn't feel like I was giving up anything to ANY other gun, full customs and such included.

Larry

My scores were quite good with my 75bd. I highly recommend you get the b model and convert to SA if you can't find a dedicated SA version.

Back