need a scope

rebs

I shoot 22 lr indoors on a 50 ft range. Is there a decent scope for this use ? Maybe one with adjustable objective lens ?
I did see a BSA 3-9x40 with AO that went down to 7.5 yards but I don't know if they are any good or not. The price is cheap.

My BSA Contender 3-12x40 is a very good scope, that I have mounted on my Kimber 22 Classic. Parallax: 10 yards to infinity. I highly recommend this scope for squirrel hunting and target shooting.

I found a Nikon EFR 22 lr scope today, it has adjustable objective lens and 3-9 x 40. It is good for 22 lr or power piston air rifles so it should be well made. It can focus down to 30 feet for air rifle shooting. I am thinking it should be a good choice for my 22 lr shooting indoors at 50 ft, right ?

The Nikon EFR has only one parallax setting {50 yards}.
Optics are clear...though maybe slightly unclear at the 12 power setting.

The one I looked at today is a 3-9x40 with adjustable objective. At 9x it was clear and sharp as close as 20 feet in the store. It is on sale for 138.99. I would;d have bought one but they were out of stock and they wouldn't sell the display one. I am going to wait til they get more in.

It's an overkill, but Natchez has their Weaver Classic Extreame 6 x24-50 on sale right now for $289.00. Reg price is $600.00. You can always leave it at 6 power.
Weaver has a track record of great tracking scopes.

TXZA - Well, yes and no . . .

TXAZ - Well a scope for a 22 at 50' is a touch much. I thought he meant 50 yards. But even at 50 feet there is the fun of looking down range and see all the "holes" practically on top of each other.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young

Is it me, or a 6x24-50 on a 22? For shooting indoors at 50"?

I have a 6x24-50 on a Cooper Varmint rifle, in 6.5-284. I have a hard time keeping good eye relief on 24x, and I have a $1000 scope.

I like Weaver scopes, my first scope was a K-6 Weaver, I bought in 1976, with my G.I. Bill check. I still have that old scope. The scope mentioned in post # 7, may be a great deal, but I don't think it suitable for a 22lr. 50mm objective may require high rings.

Maybe i'm goofy, but a fixed 4x would be more suitable and economical, IMO.

I have a Bushnell 3X9 air rifle scope that works on my pellet gun. It would also be good on a .22. A/O and target turrets, had it 10 or 12 years and it still works. If you have a lot of money there are a lot more options.

The reason for 50 ft is that we have sporter rifle matches on our club's indoor 50 ft range over the winter months and use NRA 50ft rifle targets. It is 22 cal only.

I have two that I use, the Simmons is ok at under 75 bucks.
Alpen is better in my opinion but it's a heavy unit if you have to make weight, sells for about 140.00.
I think Alpen also made a 3-9 that will focus at 25 feet. I have one of them somewhere but was lost during a move. Never used it, still in box. Someday I will find it!

Also have Leupold I used for awhile. It's priced about 375.00 or more. Weighs less than the others but don't use it much, & don't care for the quality at that price. I prefer a larger brighter objective for more light.

Nikon also makes one that's good unit but never used one myself. Priced around 150.00 +/-

Simmons 22 Mag Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 32mm Adjustable Objective Truplex Reticle

Alpen Kodiak 4-12x40 A-O Wide Angle Multi Coated Water Proof Riflescope 2050 Rifle scope 2050

Leupold VX-2 Ultralight Rimfire EFR Rifle Scope 3-9x 33mm Fine Duplex

Nikon PROSTAFF Target EFR Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 40mm 1/2 MOA Adjustments Adjustable Objective

Back