Need a new belt(s)

jaysouth

My Mitch Rosen and Filson belts are growing old gracefully but reaching the end of their useful life. I need new belts.

Please recommend a leather co that has great double thickness cowhide belts in stock at $100.00 or less. I need to keep my pants up and guns in their holsters.

Thanks

Jay

Check with either Lou Alessi, www.alessileather.com or Tony Kanaly at Milt Sparks, www.miltsparks.com.

Both makers do a really good job on belts

Note: Lou's web site isn't fully operational but he does list an address, phone number and a link for email.

Lou is a true gentleman and a pleasure to do business with..

Mark / FL

Milt Sparks. Whoever you go with, get the belt and holster at the same time from the same people. Helps with the fit.

I've had good luck with reinforced leather belts from Aker.

You can contact them at the following url. (Check under dress belts. I have the model B-21 in black as well as brown. The pix aren't very good, but the belts are good and last a long time. I've had mine for years and they still look good.)

http://www.akerleather.com/

I love my Filson belt too.

Last edited:
Super high-quality....

Good Evening Everyone-

Sam Andrews Customer Leather is my favorite for custom leather belts and holsters. Be prepared for a significant wait, but his stuff is UNBELIEVABLE. I've got four belts, several IWB hosters, and shoulder rigs.

You can specify if you want double-thickness leather belts, suede-backed leather belts, cut/style, and hardware. He is a classy guy and a delightful person with whom to do business.

The Wilderness is my favorite for web belts. One of the models I wear fairly frequently is rated to hold up to 8000 lbs!

Good luck with your research,

~ Blue Jays ~

Kirkpatrick Leather out of Laredo. Check out their website. Great quality at affordable prices and the service is good too. I don't like to pay extra for someones "name".

Thanks for the response.

By the way, Filson is probably the strudiest belt I've ever owned. But a dress belt it's not. Probably still around $40.00! The Rosen is a very pretty belt but it is getting soft in its old age.

The post above to buy a belt and holster at the same time from the same maker is good advice for leather. However, lately I seem to be carrying in Kydex holsters more than leather. It's been my experience that the kydex puts less wear on the gun than leather, EXCEPT for a small spot on the trigger guard where the kydex "pinches" the gun to keep it secure.

Has anyone ever heard of or used leather goods from Rafter S?

Thanks again.

Jay

Back