Need a little help

KEYBEAR

I bought a new Bowen Ruff County rear sight and see i need to lock tight the screws . Use Blue or Red lock Tight and i have adjusted the hell out of the Screws . Question now i am done but do i remove one screw at a time lock tight it then go to the next is in one at a time ?

Does Bowen recommend putting Loctite on the screws?

The design looks like a take-off on the Ruger design and I've never had trouble with those screws loosening or changing settings on any of my Ruger revolvers.

Yes Bowen stated in the info Lock Tight Red or Blue . The Bowen Sight dose not have clicks in the adjusting screw like the Ruger the Bowen Sight has a set Screw on top of the main screw . I have adjusted all the screws a BUNCH the lock tight really can not be used until the sight is done and on target . but i need to know do i remove one set screw at a time lock it and go to the next ??

You lost me when you stated a set screw on a main screw. A picture would help. I am familiar with a bug screw with a main screw, but it does not sound right on a sight.

I would not use red lock tight on small screws. Red lock tight requires significant heat to break it loose. I would be concerned heat might destroy the threads and head on a small screw by removing the temper.

I've got 6 Bowen RCR on my Blackhawks. If you only use one bullet/load, Blue Loctite is fine. I've never used it and my POI has not moved in years.

Last edited:
Like Tide says, I wouldn't do anything for a while. See if they stay set or move.

IF they move, I would reset and put a drop of clear nail polish on top of the screw.

Have never had a screw loosen on it's own and the polish releases easily with a screwdriver.

GeauxTide I've never used it and my POI has moved in years .

Sorry but the last statement is saying IT HAS MOVED for years .

Back