Need a little help ID'ing this ammo

PA32Mark

I recently picked up a batch of loose 7.62x39 ammo, a big green metal GI ammo can completely full of it, got it really cheap. It had a torn off "White Box" ammo label thrown in the can with all the loose ammo, but I have no way of knowing for sure if it indeed is the good "White Box" ammo, or the cardboard end flap was just thrown in the can with the loose rounds. I think it is Federal good clean (non-corrosive and re-loadable) ammo, but I just wanted to confirm with you knowledgeable folks. Did Federal make the "White Box" stuff? Could one of you smart folks take a look at the pic and tell me what you think? I've got one nice 7.62x39 rifle and do not want to shoot crappy or corrosive ammo in it. Many thanks.

Attachments

• 762x39_WhatIsThis.JPG
    762x39_WhatIsThis.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 39
Federal is the headstamp, and they make American Eagle, so the ammo may very well be what the box end says it is.

I googled the part no: A76239A, looks like federal still uses that same part no for the newly packaged (red/black box) American Eagle 7.62x39 ammo. Headstamp is Federal. All indicators point to it being old Federal American Eagle ammo. So it should be non-corrosive, and may yield decent accuracy.

Back