Need a little help from the Pro's

ibtexex

Inactive
I am looking to buy a Rem ADL in 240 weatherby.. On the barrel is stamped "Womack" 240 weatherby..

I am a Rem fan, but cannot find any information on this rifle. So my question is; Is this a custom barrel fitted to the Rem action? Did Rem actually offer this model at some point?

Any information will be helpful as I plan to purchase next week for my son

Thanks Gents !!

Custom barrel for sure.

Womack could be the smith, a company, or the original owner.

Hope you reload or have deep pockets.

Sent from MIUI using Tapatalk 2.

Thanks!

That is what I thought. Haha I do not have deep pockets nor do I reload. But I figure once my son sights in, i doubt he will shoot 10 times a year.

from what I understand there was a pretty widely publicized author named Lester Womack that did quite a bit of custom gunsmithing on winchesters and remingtons from the early 60s to early 90s so it is entirely possible that the rifle you are looking at is a remington 700 that Lester Womack re barreled to .240 WBY. if it is the same womack then this would be a pretty rare specimen however I doubt it is going to be a highly sought after piece just because of the man who worked on it. google search brings up a few descriptions of rifles he has worked on that sound pretty similar to what you describe.

Back