Need a handgun safe. Fort Knox vs FAS-1

bm303

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a quality mechanical pistol safe for my home. I have narrowed it down to the Fort Knox and the FAS-1 safes. I would like to hear your opinions on these. Both are about $200. I'll be storing a CZ-75 SP-01 and a few mags inside.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for considering the FAS1 for your needs. Either brand will serve you well. Looks like you want a heavy steel, mechanical handgun safe, I assume for quick access. Good choice :)

While both of these have some similarities, they have quite a few differences. I would look at the features that are important to you and I'm sure there will be some people chime in on what they have and like or don't like on either of these.

I have a Fas1 safe and I can tell you with absolute certainty that I can get my gun in about 3 seconds in complete darkness.

Its built like a tank, opens fast, and the handle of the gun is positioned in a holster in such a way that when you grab it, its like grabbing it from a holster on your belt.

I can't speak to the Ft. Knox safe because I don't own one, but I did a lot of research before choosing the Fas1 and I'm glad I bought it.

I have owned the Fort Knox gun safe for about five years now. The safe is built like a tank and I have never had an issue unlocking and opening.
With that said, I really like the way the FAS-1 stores the handgun for a quick an easy purchase. If making a choice today, I would lean toward the FAS-1.

Back