Need a gunsmith around Jax FL area for competition work

Joe Game

Inactive
Just purchased a new S&W 625 4" for ICORE and IDPA competition. Need some gunsmith work, like chamber chamfering and polishing, trigger work, etc. I'm new to revolvers; moving from 1911s. Anyone know of a good (the best!) gunsmith in the Jacksonville Florida area?

See if you can find out where Jim Rose is. He is the best in northern FL as far as I am concerned. I had heard that he is or has retired, but if you can find him he might be able to tell you where to go. If someone tells you to go to a guy named "Buddy" shoot me a PM or an email so we can talk about that before you go. You could take a ride up into AL to see Bob Cogan at Cogan Custom/Accurate Plating and Weaponry too, his work is very good.

Another good bet would be to send it to Clark in LA, Jerry M shoots out of that camp and if it is good enough for him I am sure it would fit my needs.

I've also heard Bob Cogan is very good, luckily I had my S&W 586 modified by Jack Weigand who was an American Pistolsmith Guild recipient. I don't think he's doing any custom work these days, however you may want to do a search online and see if anything comes up.

Back