Need a fast answer - taking chl class tomorrow

Ub3rn00ber

I didnt even think about it untill just now, i am taking my chl class tomorrow in texas. I can buy a handgun, but i was charged with a class b mis for evading arrest 2 or 3 years ago... Can i get my chl? This is a slight oversight on my part i guess, hopefully i can.

Were you convicted? I got a class B mis. DUI 3 years before I got mine. It was dismissed. The arest doesnt count, just the conviction. The money you pay for the class is NOT refundable.

i dont know if it was or not. I didnt ask my lawer, as i felt lucky not to go to jail... I was arrested for felony evading arrest in a motor vehicle, my lawer said he got it dropped to a class b misdemeanor, i assume it was a conviction. But i really didnt pay attention to it, all i did was spend a few hours in a holding cell and pay the state $250 and i havent thought about it since.

Have you already applied for your CHL? If not, be sure you include details on your application. If you have, and didn't put it in, you may be well and truly skrewd. IIWY, I'd immediately send in an amended application form listing the arrest and explaining why you didn't put it on the original.

The crime probably won't disqualify you -- but lying about it (or omitting it on your application) will.

i have done nothing as far as getting my chl, except call and reserve a spot in the class. I could just not go, but it would make me feel kind of guilty as they didnt charge me a deposit (the lady was not by the cc machine and said just make sure to show up, i promised i would.)

From what i read its no class b's in the last 5 years? Or is that only for "worse" crimes, like assault and such

i sure will be mad at myself if i screwed up my chance to get my chl until im 23. That would stink. I guess i can always get a short pistol grip shotgun for my car, for the same price as the class and paperwork.

Back